Canada Day – Parade of Paddles
July 1, 2020 - July 1, 2020
Fee / Admission: Free
Join the Sault Ste. Marie Canal National Historic Site in celebrating Canada 2020 with Parade of Paddles #PaddleChallenge
Each year, the Canal team hosts this event where they attempt to fill the recreational lock with as many paddling vessels as possible. This year, due to COVID-19, things will be a bit different. The Canal team has created a virtual challenge, to get YOU out on the water.
- Grab your canoe or kayak, paddles, and all of your safety equipment (PFDs, bailer, signalling device, buoyant heaving line and of course sunscreen and a hat)
- Go to your favourite paddling spot
- Head out for your Canada Day 2020 paddle – Canada Day attire encouraged!
- Snap pictures of your paddle adventure
- Share your photos on their Facebook page
Did you know that the Canal celebrates its 125th anniversary this year? Help them reach their goal of 125 paddlers participating in this fun Canada Day activity!Email Us Visit Event