Prince Township always has open arms for everyone so it’s time to come and explore this beautiful township.
As part of the Trans Canada Trail, the community connects starting at Lake Superior in Gros Cap to Sudbury and Lake Huron along a trail you can cycle, hike or walk. Learn more here: Lake Huron North Channel Great Lakes Waterfront Trail. (Paved shoulders are planned for 2019) The marina at Gros Cap connects to the Lake Superior Water Trail, an ancient heritage highway with breathtaking views of the wild rugged landscape. The marina is the perfect place to launch whether you canoe or kayak; it’s universal dock makes it easy for paddlers with mobility issues to transfer to and from their watercraft with ease. If you’re looking for trail hiking that leads to stunning views of Lake Superior, hike the Saulteux section of the Voyageur Trail. Learn more here: Voyageur Trail
Related Article: Prince Township is a Must Visit to Enjoy the Outdoors
Over the years of planning, and with help from the Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation and FedNor, Prince Township has their new pavilion up and running! This brand-new building will be multi-use with events and rental opportunities available through the year:
- A farmers’ market which will be starting July 8, 2018 (Sunday) from 1pm – 6pm.
- Available to be rented out all year long for many events like weddings, family reunions, rent out for ice time, or whatever activity you like.
- A day camp for kids ages 6 to 12 from Monday – Friday.
- An ice skating rink for skating and hockey for all ages with a nice warm place to put on your skates.
Pavilion Grand Opening Event: June 9, 2018
The grand opening begins with a ribbon cutting ceremony at Noon. There are many fun activities planned for the day, with something for everyone.
– The Prince Town Cruisers will be back with their Annual Classic Car Show. The show begins at 10am. Participants’ registration is $20, which includes entrance into the evening dance. Award categories: Top Ten, People’s Choice, Mayor’s Favourite, Furthest Traveled, Oldest Vehicle, Fire Fighter Award, Best Chrome, Best Paint and more!
– The Algoma East the Widow Sons will be hosting their Annual Motorcycle Show and Shine. To participate and register please contact Joe Allan (705) 946-9362. There will be many awards given out.
– A free wine tasting will be brought to you by Ronda from Airways General Store.
– Live entertainment will be performed by DJ Scott Kennedy and his band, Flat Head Ford.
– An evening dance is planned at the pavilion from 8pm to 1am and with entertainment from Flashback.
– This full day event is fun for the whole family with lots of kids’ activities planned including Balloon Man with Ken and Evelyn Anstice, Face Painting by Monique Brandow, and the inflated Fun Bounce Houses free of charge to all children.
– A BBQ and Beverage Garden will have food and beverages available, with plenty of space to sit down, relax and socialize.
Be sure to come out and enjoy yourself because there are many more activities planned!
Poutine Feast in Sault Ste. Marie
Let’s be honest, nothing beats the Classic Canadian Poutine. Fresh Hand...Read More
St. Joseph Island Lion’s Club Breakfast
There is a small group of dedicated volunteers on beautiful St. Joseph...Read More
Wawa Trail Race Makes Its Mark
Many have hiked the Peat Mountain Trail but relatively few have considered...Read More