Missinaibi Provincial Park
As one of the premier waterway parks in Ontario, Missinaibi offers splendid wilderness recreation. Experienced canoeists can paddle and camp on the historic fur-trading route all the way to James Bay. Since it is situated in the center of the Chapleau Game preserve, the largest in the world, your chances of seeing moose and bear are greatly improved.
Along with fantastic fishing and wilderness canoeing, you can explore hundreds of ancient rock paintings along the rocky shores of Missinaibi Lake. There are some interesting spots to visit including the Aboriginal rock paintings and remnants of historic fur trading posts and abandoned logging camps.
Facilities and Services:
- Campgrounds and backcountry campsites
- Day-use area, boat launch, rentals, park store, French services
- Open May to September
- Canoeing, hiking, boating, wildlife viewing, swimming
- Town of Chapleau (accommodations, restaurants, shopping, gas stations)
- Fairy Point Pictographs on Missinaibi Lake
190 Cherry Street, Chapleau, ON, P0M 1K0
Phone: (705) 234-2222
Learn more: www.ontarioparks.com/park/missinaibi